Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ***VIDEO*** BMW E92 M3 (ESS VT-625) vs All-Motor Camaro SS (Mr. TORQ) [HD]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cause this is an "ESS-related thread", figured I'd share with everyone that M3Post Mods just deleted someone's personal thread of their E92 M3 getting the VF650 installed at Rogue Engineering (NJ).... Guessing it was cause RE doesn't sponsor M3Post & it wasn't an ESS kit
    Google cached it, click the link and it's deleted. Should I make an article out of it? How Rogue Engineering and VF-Engineering are getting $#@!ed because they aren't paying off the right people?

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Google cached it, click the link and it's deleted. Should I make an article out of it? How Rogue Engineering and VF-Engineering are getting $#@!ed because they aren't paying off the right people?

I'd say go for it -- Kinda bull$#@! that some1 post their personal experience with a non-ESS kit & it get's deleted by the mods for no reason. I know RE isn't a Bimmerpost sponsor, but a lot of their products are sold through 3rd party vendors (who are sponsors) like Modbargains (banned), HP Autowerks + EAS.

VAC better watch out that they don't get banned since they're a VF supporter too
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

I'd say go for it -- Kinda bull$#@! that some1 post their personal experience with a non-ESS kit & it get's deleted by the mods for no reason. I know RE isn't a Bimmerpost sponsor, but a lot of their products are sold through 3rd party vendors (who are sponsors) like Modbargains (banned), HP Autowerks + EAS.

VAC better watch out that they don't get banned since they're a VF supporter too
    I'll write something up, why not, people need to know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'll write something up, why not, people need to know.
    I'd say even try contacting the customer directly -- I'll see if I can dig up his info since I did comment in that thread

Here's the video of the car getting dyno'd at RE:

**Surprise, comments were all deleted
    Last edited by benzy89; 12-24-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

I'd say even try contacting the customer directly -- I'll see if I can dig up his info since I did comment in that thread
    Get me his info ASAP...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

If anyone wants to try reaching out to this guy on M3Post, his forum name is "Spent198". He's a NJ guy so I'm sure he'd feel a LOT more at home if he came over & joined the ranks at BB

**I would but still haven't gotten PM privileges back

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

If anyone wants to try reaching out to this guy on M3Post, his forum name is "Spent198". He's a NJ guy so I'm sure he'd feel a LOT more at home if he came over & joined the ranks at BB

**I would but still haven't gotten PM privileges back
    Well, we need someone with an account or other means to contact him to inform him.

Good work on getting the username.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Trying to think of people who still have PM ability over there:
    @LostMarine
    @akh23456
    @bobS
    @themyst

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

So what is it you want me to PM this guy? But yes, it's a miracle that I am not banned on shivpost. And believe me, Shiv has been trying his hardest to get me banned Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    horsepower sells cars, torque wins races
    Dumbest thing I've read all day, thanks Click here to enlarge

I hope you get a physics lesson for xmas Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I'd like to see the dyno sheets on each car... That along with an idea of the starting RPM of each car. My guess is the tq difference is fairly immense and thats an advantage for the Maro. The M has great top end power which is an advantage and the consistency of DCT which can be an advantage against a poorly or slowly shifted manual car. I dont see the big issue personally. Its not like he put car lengths on the M3, the M is there are if folks are honest starting to creep back up. A longer run would have likely seen the M get right next to him. Lastly dyno numbers are not the be all end all of performance. These dyno's read all over the damn place how you run on the street matters more.
    We stay swingin...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see the dyno sheets on each car... That along with an idea of the starting RPM of each car. My guess is the tq difference is fairly immense and thats an advantage for the Maro. The M has great top end power which is an advantage and the consistency of DCT which can be an advantage against a poorly or slowly shifted manual car. I dont see the big issue personally. Its not like he put car lengths on the M3, the M is there are if folks are honest starting to creep back up. A longer run would have likely seen the M get right next to him. Lastly dyno numbers are not the be all end all of performance. These dyno's read all over the damn place how you run on the street matters more.

exactly. I also like to know if the M had a boost gauge and whether or not if he was seeing full boost (if he had any belt slip then, the result is more realistic. If there was no belt slip, then the m3 is not making more than 530whp which makes it par with what Ess advertise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    So what is it you want me to PM this guy? But yes, it's a miracle that I am not banned on shivpost. And believe me, Shiv has been trying his hardest to get me banned Click here to enlarge
    Just PM this Spent198 guy & find out what happened with his "VF650 Installed at Rogue Engineering" thread. He put up some dynos & just commented on his experience, but the mods killed the thread for no legit reason

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In some instances tq can win the race but it would either have to be a big difference in tq with little hp difference or a short run. An old school guy once told me that if you want to beat a big block, roll him from 80. I dont know if it was said but how much tq is this Camaro making?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Just PM this Spent198 guy & find out what happened with his "VF650 Installed at Rogue Engineering" thread. He put up some dynos & just commented on his experience, but the mods killed the thread for no legit reason
    Yes, hopefully somebody can PM him and let him know about us...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Spike at peak due to the throttle bodies closing, that is why you get inflated power figures.

Yeah ours close slowly as they reach redline like stock. They close immediately as max rpm is reached.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

What does this car run in the 1/4? The traps speeds won't be near a supercharged DCT M3, it makes no sense. The car is also way heavier.
    I havent take it to the track, so I dont know.If I do, I will let you know...

-My dyno sheet is on the first page(click the link that says www.camaro5...).I will try to find the dyno sheet for the M.
    -I am not sure about what was M's RPM but mine was sitting around 4500 if I remember correctly.
    -It was a 45ish roll.
    -Yes there is a big tq advantage for me.
    -I believe if we went up to 200mph or sth like that I believe he would have me.
    -M3 only started to creep back up on first race, due to my slow shifting.If I shifted it little faster(like in the 2nd pull) it would stay where it is and can not creep up. I believe its even possible to open the gap a little more with powershifting...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3816 Click here to enlarge
    exactly. I also like to know if the M had a boost gauge and whether or not if he was seeing full boost (if he had any belt slip then, the result is more realistic. If there was no belt slip, then the m3 is not making more than 530whp which makes it par with what Ess advertise.
    Yes M had a boost gauge. It was seeing full boost. The owner of the M never complained about a boost leak or belt slippage. 570whp is what the owner of the M told me. I also have him on the video(another vid) while he says the specs...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
    In some instances tq can win the race but it would either have to be a big difference in tq with little hp difference or a short run. An old school guy once told me that if you want to beat a big block, roll him from 80. I dont know if it was said but how much tq is this Camaro making?
    Yes it was a big difference in tq between two cars. 470WTQ. Hope this helps

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    570whp is what the owner of the M told me. I also have him on the video(another vid) while he says the specs...
    Did he dyno it or is he going by inflated forum dyno figures for marketing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

He probably dyno it on a Dynopack, Click here to enlarge or some super-hero dyno of that nature. If the kit made 570whp Roman would be the first person to preach it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3816 Click here to enlarge
    If the kit made 570whp Roman would be the first person to preach it!
    That's actually exactly what he preaches. Claims of 600+ whp too...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

50 HP Max​ Drivetrain Loss on ESS Kits

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

He dynoed it, but I dont know which dyno it was.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    He dynoed it, but I dont know which dyno it was.
    Love to see his graph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Torque... That LS has boat loads of it from most every rpm especially down low. The M3 while efficient does not have the Tq to move it down low. DCT helps it not get destroyed and you can clearly see the nose lift on each run on the M3 he is WOT even jumps a slight bit. But tq moves you and that's a great display in what tq does for a car. HP is nice for damn sure but Tq down low and in the mid range is hard to beat. Great run and the M looks the business. Feels local for some reason.

Thats not always true look at a viper 8.4L tq monster vs a z06.... or look at a viper vs a evo with 450whp the evo wins... Ill tell you what this camaro has a 6.3L or a 7L swap its not a 6.0 with cams and bolt ons....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, i just saw this is copied and pasted on a less realistic site and people are arguing the $#@! out of it, first that its not supercharged, when clearly the video shows it.. i guess they have a habit of not even watching the video, hearing that the m3 lost and coming up with excuses.. typical.. then another guy says, "who knows, maybe it was running a different kit" lol.. clearly shows the mentality

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast