Close

    • When you bite off more than you can chew - IMS1000 Audi RS3 vs. FBO E50 E82 BMW 135i on the highway

      Bringing a knife to a gunfight? A waste of gas? Maybe. Sometimes it is good to give the N54 guys a reality check. The bottom line is no bolt on BMW I6 turbo is going to be able to play with this 8V RS3 sedan.


      The IM1000 kit is capable of over 1000+ horsepower at all four wheels. Now, that is not what this RS3 was likely running here but close enough.

      The fact is the 2.5 TFSI platform is crushing BMW's of all shapes and sizes.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: IMS1000 RS3 vs FBO E50 135i started by richpike View original post
      Comments 34 Comments
      1. Blown6's Avatar
        Blown6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Bringing a knife to a gunfight? A waste of gas? Maybe. Sometimes it is good to give the N54 guys a reality check. The bottom line is no bolt on BMW I6 turbo is going to be able to play with this 8V RS3 sedan.

        lol dont tell that to bms
      1. eubenhad's Avatar
        eubenhad -
        I'd like to see an MMP 1K kit against that.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eubenhad Click here to enlarge
        I'd like to see an MMP 1K kit against that.
        Play this video at 50% speed to simulate what it will look like.
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Play this video at 50% speed to simulate what it will look like.
        Exactly.

        -Rich
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        I’d love to see a roll race or some 1/2 mile compares between an IMS1000 RS3 and a 1000HP S55. That would be a race.

        -Rich
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eubenhad Click here to enlarge
        I'd like to see an MMP 1K kit against that.
        Funniest thing I've read in a long time.
      1. kapetajr's Avatar
        kapetajr -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eubenhad Click here to enlarge
        I'd like to see an MMP 1K kit against that.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Play this video at 50% speed to simulate what it will look like.
        Well played guys. LOL
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kapetajr Click here to enlarge
        Well played guys. LOL
        Let me help you:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
        [/CENTER]
        lol dont tell that to bms
        Cause we said something? Good to know you have a hard on for us Click here to enlarge
      1. Roll up or pull up's Avatar
        Roll up or pull up -
        Crushing what!? You trying to start a riot! He pulled up on the wrong n54 that's all!
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roll up or pull up Click here to enlarge
        Crushing what!? You trying to start a riot! He pulled up on the wrong n54 that's all!
        Is there an N54 with 1000whp and a DCT? I don’t think any N54 has run a sub 5s 60-130, let alone sub 4s. The IMS850 laid down a 4.9s. This is a IMS1000 and is likely DEEP in to the 4s if not high 3s (Iroz laid down a 3.83s run on their personal IMS1000 kit, but that’s with weight reduction to 3200lbs). I don’t see any N54 being remotely close. Even the fastest S55 is high 4s.

        -Rich
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        Is there an N54 with 1000whp and a DCT? I don’t think any N54 has run a sub 5s 60-130, let alone sub 4s. The IMS850 laid down a 4.9s. This is a IMS1000 and is likely DEEP in to the 4s if not high 3s (Iroz laid down a 3.83s run on their personal IMS1000 kit, but that’s with weight reduction to 3200lbs). I don’t see any N54 being remotely close. Even the fastest S55 is high 4s.

        -Rich
        Fastest S55 60-130 is RK tunes single turbo M3 at 4.0s IIRC
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Fastest S55 60-130 is RK tunes single turbo M3 at 4.0s IIRC
        Missed that. Now we’re talking! That would be a hell of a race.

        @hank iroz

        -Rich
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        Missed that. Now we’re talking! That would be a hell of a race.

        @hank iroz

        -Rich
        Hank is at 3.4 @ 4,000' DA...
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Hank is at 3.4 @ 4,000' DA...
        Holy hell. That’s going to take a beast of a 911 Turbo or UGR or Alpha to hang. Wow.

        -Rich
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Hank is at 3.4 @ 4,000' DA...
        BTW - I see you’re in Denver. I think there is a IMS1000 with a shot of Nitrous running around there now. Shawn McGilvrey? Can’t wait to see what he does at Bandimere this Spring/Summer.

        -Rich
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        BTW - I see you’re in Denver. I think there is a IMS1000 with a shot of Nitrous running around there now. Shawn McGilvrey? Can’t wait to see what he does at Bandimere this Spring/Summer.

        -Rich
        Yup! We may have met if you were at bandimere much over the summer. I was there in a mk2 TTRS for 4 or 5 Wednesday evening test and tunes. I haven't seen that RS3 run since he went big turbo, but it looks like it's breaking hearts on the streets. Hope to see you out there in a few months!
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        First corner separates FWD architected Audis from RWD BMW. Audis always lose at the track.
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        First corner separates FWD architected Audis from RWD BMW. Audis always lose at the track.
        Hmm. Facts don’t seem to back that argument up. Let’s take the two most driver oriented cars (excluding Audi’s R8 which wouldn’t be fair) and compare:

        Lightning Lap:
        2018 TTRS: 2:58.5
        2019 M2 Competition: 2:59.7

        Nurburgring:
        TTRS: 7:48
        M2C: 7:52.36

        -Rich
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Just for $#@!s and giggles, here are a few more:

        Hockenheim
        TTRS: 1:57.7
        M2C: 1:57.6

        Le Mans
        TTRS: 1:53.11
        M2C: 1:54.97

        Laguna Seca
        TTRS: 1:39.95
        M2C: 1:40.83

        And the irony is the TTRS (and RS3) use a Haldex-based Quattro system. Most Audi’s actually use a Torsen-based system with torque vectoring and rear wheel bias.

        I’ll agree that the old adage was certainly “Audi’s can’t turn”, but that’s no longer the case.

        -Rich