Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My shop is much better with photos than I am.

Thanks to Bluewater Performance for an A+ job and service to this point. Looking forward to wrapping it up in the next week or two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2403 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
    Thanks to Bluewater Performance for an A+ job and service to this point. Looking forward to wrapping it up in the next week or two.
    Should be about done right?

This build turned out really well and was pretty harmless.

Looking forward to the performance although I understand the elevation issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Should be about done right?

This build turned out really well and was pretty harmless.

Looking forward to the performance although I understand the elevation issue.
    Thanks, my goal was generally stock'ish appearing and right sizing the turbo for the application. In this case, it is just enough turbo to outflow the stock fuel system (at sea level) while retaining good spool and will hold moderate boost until 7,500rpm.

I don't want to push it too hard, but I think it will be good for a high ten on race gas on a cool day here. Others have been able to push the turbo further after upgrading fuel delivery at sea level and that makes me hopeful that it will still reach the limits of the stock system at 5,280ft. Unfortunately, I broke the clutch in just in time for everyone to take off for the holidays so it is looking like it won't be running to it's full potential until mid January.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I haven't had the chance to drive the car without traffic, but my shop did offer to throw it on the dyno free of charge while they tested out new software so I jumped at the opportunity. The runs below are at 25lbs and a 91/100 blend of around 96 octane.

Please note: These numbers are from runs at 5,300' in elevation.
    Click here to enlarge

I'm not very familiar with the Dynocom and how it reads, but they said it reads low. I'll have to track down a dragy or wait until spring to get an idea of what the car is actually putting down in the real world. They also sent a corrected dyno at 525whp, but that is attempting to compensate for runs at sea level so I'm not putting much weight on that number.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2403 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not very familiar with the Dynocom and how it reads, but they said it reads low.
    It doesn't but I'm not sure if they have a large variance among them. Generally, they read high.

They also sent a corrected dyno at 525whp, but that is attempting to compensate for runs at sea level so I'm not putting much weight on that number.
    Mind posting it? I feel it's accurate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't but I'm not sure if they have a large variance among them. Generally, they read high.

Mind posting it? I feel it's accurate.
    Here you are.
    Click here to enlarge

I think this one is overstating pretty significantly (might simply be applying correction factor to get an N/A car to sea level numbers when my turbo could be covering half of the discrepancy). 513wtq out of 2.5l at only 25lbs seems preeeeetty optimistic. The strip will tell the story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Video of the dyno run + corrected numbers at the end... (someone may need to format this thing for me)...

https://www.facebook.com/BWPerforman...4760942052042/

The turbo is having to work a bit harder to hold 24lbs at 7,000 RPM here and I am seeing some IAT creep and timing pull after 2 pulls so I'm likely going to be looking at WMI options ahead of summer temps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12